Wednesday 27 June 2007

Here's to retirement!

I have decided to create a new blog for musings and fictional pieces, keeping my old blog for poetry. I'm anticipating having more time for blogging now that I'm finally giving up work. Things came to a head on Monday following a telephone conversation with a person who is a ... I rang head office to register a complaint and left. This came on top of other pressures and was simply the last straw that broke the camel's back. Anyway, I've been signed off work for a week - the doctor remarked that they don't see me very often - and am giving in my notice. I've realised that I can't make decisions for myself and my mother, who is becoming increasingly demented, whilst I'm working and worrying about what she is doing in my absence. Anyway, I think that what I really want is to be at home with more time to read and write rather than having more money. So here's to my retirement!

No comments: